In the FOG (Fear, Obligation, and Guilt) of a narcissistic, abusive, or other toxic relationship, feelings of paralysis, anxiety, depression, confusion, disorientation, not knowing who you are anymore, or how you got to this dark place in your life, are as terrifying and mystifying as ocean fog. The FOG crept into your relationship so stealthily that you didn’t notice the dramatic swings from love-bombing to devaluing, the constant pressures, the lies, the gaslighting, the flashes of anger, all of it was just a bit of water vapor that was easily dismissed. But over the months, or years, the FOG set in. Toxic relationships are not an act of nature like ocean fog; they are the result of intentional tactics of manipulation, and control. This FOG is not going to just lift. Nothing will change until you change it. So how do you find your bearings, push past this paralysis, clear away your vision, begin to heal the trauma, and rebuild your life? The insights, strategies, and journal prompts in this book are designed to help you sail through the FOG and into the CLEAR.
This book is packed with information including;
- Changing your negative internal self-talk to transform the cycles of depression, self-blame, despair, and hopelessness, into self-encouragement, hope, progress and self-compassion
- Understanding trauma-bonding and how to untangle this unhealthy attachment
- Boundaries; how to create and maintain them with people who don’t respect them
- Placating, people-pleasing, and peacekeeping, and how to stop undermining yourself
- Finding clarity, staying focused on reality, and letting go of the gaslighting
- Leaving emotionally as well as physically
- Rebuilding your sense of self, and creating healthy self-care strategies
And so much more
It is possible to deal with and heal from toxic relationships, and this book will help you find your way. Welcome aboard, You can do this!